Youth Parliament of Tomsk Oblast
The Youth Parliament of Tomsk Oblast is is a collective advisory body under the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast.
Aim of the Parliament: to get young citizens involved into the parliamentary activity, form their legal and political culture, assist the youth in their the constructive and civil activity.
Main objectives of the Parliament:
- to facilitate the social, legal, educational, cultural, moral, patriotic and physical development of the youth;
- to participate in drawing up the Tomsk Oblast statutory acts, including target programs on issues touching upon the rights and legitimate interests of the youth;
- to support the youth initiative;
- to provide the youth with objective information on the activity of Tomsk Oblast public authorities.
Parliament is formed for the term of office of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast of the current convocation.
Parliament is accountable to the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast and the Council of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast.
Any individual aged 14-30 who resides permanently or temporarily in Tomsk Oblast may become a member of the Parliament.
The Parliament is a one-chamber body. It consists of 50 members and is formed on the competitive basis. The Council of the Duma determines the procedure of the competition and its results. In order to participate in the competition, a candidate should submit to the Council of the Duma not less than 250 signatures of individuals, 14-30, who support the candidate; project on problems of modern youth and ways to resolve them; resume; recommendations.
The main form of the Parliament activity is a meeting. Regular meetings are held not less than once in three months.
Chairman of the Parliament is elected by secret vote by the majority of votes of the total number of members of the Parliament, determined during its formation.
The Parliament is entitled:
- to hold public hearings by decision of the meeting;
- to invite the heads of the government of Tomsk oblast and of the institutions of local governing to the meetings of the Parliament;
by the invitation of the appropriate bodies of the Parliament members to send for the participation in the work of committees and commissions of the State Duma of Tomsk oblast, representative institutions of local governing and also to the meetings of the board of the Administration of Tomsk oblast;
- to invite the heads of Tomsk Oblast pubic and local authorities to meetings of the Parliament;
- to send members of the Parliament, on invitation of appropriate bodies, to participate in the work of committees and commissions of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast, representative bodies of local governments and also to the meetings of Tomsk Oblast Administration Boards;
- to prepare drafts of statutory acts.
Decisions of the Parliament are presented to citizens, deputies of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast, the Governor of Tomsk Oblast in the form of recommendations.
In case a decision is taken to introduce a Tomsk Oblast bill in the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast, the Chairman of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast or an authorized member of the Council of the Duma introduces the legislative initiative in the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast on his behalf.
The Machinery of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast provides technical and organizational support for the activity of the Parliament financing it from the regional budget funds allocated to support the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast.
99 Lenin Avenue, office 25
Fax: +7 -382-2-51-69-46.